Below is an example of the type of content ideas we send out to members of the Creativeboris.com, content idea service.
It is based on the information that is sent to us via the Idea Request form, and is typical of the type and nature of ideas that are supplied.
Content idea for a computer e-commerce website (national)
Laptops, Desktops, Computers, Tablets and PC Components
Computer hardware, e-commerce, retail to comsumer
Focus on new and exciting developments in the computer hardware space
Form content request ends
Below is the example idea
Headlines and alternative headlines
- Top 10 Largest hard drives
- 10 Computers that changed our lives
- How to explain to an Apple fan that a PC is best
- How to explain to a PC fan that an Apple Mac is best
“Top 10 Largest hard drives”
This is a “no duh”, content idea until we consider the detail and depth which can be applied to make this blog post the best, most current description of hard drives currently available.
Content should cover:
- List of 10 of the largest hard drives.
- Pricing of each hard drive with a link to the landing page on the shopping cart, although editorial content should never focus on blatantly trying to sell the product, we want to make it easy for the reader to buy if they so wish.
- Description of the testing process of the hard drive manufacturer.
- Exceptional aspects of the hard drive, has it been tested for use by the US military, is it used on the International Space Station, has it sold more than any other hard drive, is it the hard drive choice of Kim Kardashian…etc.
- Focus on portability, ease of use, power usages, design values, speed of data transfer…etc.
- A brief history of the hard drive, SATA, SCSI, SSD… etc. If you want to go for the hardcore geek tribe this should be a relatively large section crammed with data and stats.
- Unusual images of the hard drive, this F1 car was made from old hard drives.
- Mention the fact that the rise in the SSD in laptops is meaning a rise in sales of external hard drives.
- What are the main comparable points of the SSD and the HDD, your level of jargon will depend on the tribes you are intending to communicate with. SSD vs. HDD: What’s the Difference? – http://www.storagereview.com/ssd_vs_hdd – Storage talk: Why you should get an SSD and keep your HDD, too
- Brief description of current hard drive technology and want is just around the corner
Don’t forget the X-box tribe are big users of HDD, How to choose and use an external hard drive for your Xbox One
Examples of similar content that has had exceptional success:
Content pieces about hard drives which are getting a lot of attention and social shares. Samsung shows off the world’s biggest SSD hard drive: 16TB – You’ll soon get 10TB SSDs thanks to new memory tech – Seagate unveils its own 10TB helium-filled hard drive – The best SSD for gaming
Images to use:
Plenty of free for commercial use images available on Flickr
Content example ends
The content ideas we send out are unique to you and based on the details you enter in the idea request form. There are several things you can do with the idea we send you.
- Forward it to your writer or content creator as the brief for an upcoming content piece.
- Create the content yourself, using the ideas as a base. Hopefully building on the idea we have sent you having pointed you in the right direction and inspired you with actionable advice.
If you have any questions, please ask in the comments below or contact us.
The trick with this idea is to publish a piece of content that is different and stands out from all the rest.
Go big go deep, go different.